Key Claims of Evolution
1. When organisms reproduce, DNA copying errors may occur, creating small differences between their offspring which can affect their fitness to survive in the struggle for life.
2. Natural Selection refers to processes by which the advantaged, with their improved design details, are preserved and multiply.
3. All organisms gradually evolved from one or several “common ancestors” over many millions of years.
4. Evolution is demonstrated by the fossil record.
5. All organisms, living and extinct, are related and can be arranged to form a “tree of life”.
6. The recent discovery that all organisms contain DNA, confirms that they evolved from common ancestors.
Comment & Criticism
Although evolution is described by its supporters as a fact, it is no more than a half-truth – a mixture of observed facts and unproven claims. For example:
Darwin never observed anything beyond the limited “micro-evolution” that had been familiar to plant and animal breeders for thousands of years, and as demonstrated by his famous finches.
Evolution requires that the vast majority of fossil of extinct organisms be those of the myriad “unfit” intermediate organisms that Natural Selection rejected – but after a century of searching that is still not the case.
In the times of Isaac Newton, it was popularly thought that the moon and planets must be attached to invisible “crystal spheres” that provided the forces needed to keep them moving. However, Newton's laws showed that because of inertia, objects in a frictionless environment do not need forces to keep them moving. Thus, in one simple stroke, Newton dispensed with the spheres. They did not exist and never had existed. And so it is with Darwin's transitional forms. They cannot be found because they do not exist. And they never did exist. This tells us that there is something wrong with his theory. Darwin knew this, but refused to believe it.
The claim that the astonishing complexity of every detail of every living organism resulted from the accumulation of random but favourable DNA copying errors when they reproduced over millions of years is simply not credible to most people, especially mathematicians. Even dedicated evolutionist Derek Hough describes the claim as preposterous – and is currently seeking a more credible mechanism, because he cannot accept magic or God as the answer.
Materialistic evolution cannot explain animal emotion, intelligence and instinct in terms of inanimate atoms and molecules. As one tiny example, cuckoos lay their eggs in the nests of other birds. Then they migrate to Africa. Yet when the young hatch out, they also know how to migrate to Africa and promptly do so.
Evolution does not address the question of what “life” is, and how the “life” in a cell, for example, differs from that which is lost when a creature dies? Or, why, on the basis of evolution, is a man more important than a cabbage?
Evolution cannot explain the existence of complex but complementary sex organs in the male and female of any organism. That simple fact alone utterly destroys Darwinism. No wonder Richard Dawkins admits he avoids the subject.
And so, the cat is out of the evolutionary bag – as thinking individuals begin to see evolution for the preposterous nonsense it really is.
Although evolution is now presented by the media as a “fact”, a close examination of its “proofs” will show that it is far from fact. If you check out “The Seventy Great Mysteries of the Natural World”, for example, a book contributed to by some sixty-two world experts in their field (evidently several of them contributed more than one article!), you will find that their glib claims to explain anything from the origin of life and DNA to demise of the dinosaurs are based on a swampy foundation of speculation, supposition, wishful thinking – which is why the book is correctly entitled “Mysteries”, not “Solutions”.
A dog, for example, has four legs and a horse also has four legs – therefore (if, like Darwin, you accept evolution as self-evident and desperately want to believe it) that “proves” they must both evolved from a common ancestor. Behold, evolution at work! Thus a supposition becomes a “fact”. That little bit of intellectual magic is called “cladistics”. And although cladistics is lauded as the latest thing since sliced bread or Kindle e-book readers, a top Oxford professor of evolution honestly assured his audience recently that “It does not work!”.
But there's more. A diagram shows that human eye is far more complex than that of some tiny extinct creature – but see how this computer model can “evolve” and expand the “primitive” eye one small step at a time and fit it with a lens and a retina. Then Abracadabra – and given a few millions years, evolution works! This is serious science at work!
As you study such “proofs”, be aware of Darwin's oft-repeated claim that if any feature, such as vision or flight, would be an advantage to an organism, then that feature will evolve, sooner or later, by the action of Natural Selection on random DNA copying errors. That glib “explanation” is trotted out regularly on TV natural history programs. It saves presenters having to think, as they parrot the party line and marvel at the creative power of evolution – neatly bypassing the need for specific cause-and-effect reasoning. They want to believe it. They will believe it. They have to believe it.
I find it hard to understand the extreme shallowness of evolutionist thinking. I can only assume that, once having nibbled the magic mushroom of Darwinism, their perceptions become warped and they can no longer see the shining glory of God's creation in a flower or a bumble bee.
Evolution is of course just a theory, but scientists love theories. They enjoy speculating. It is fun – and they get paid for it. And if they think up a good new angle, they might get on the TV or be offered a publishing contract. And why not a Nobel Prize? That very human dimension of science is frankly discussed by Dick Lewontin, American evolutionary biologist, geneticist and social commentator in “The Doctrine of DNA”.
That said, let us now attempt to separate evolution fact from fallacy.
Evolution Key Facts
1. The earth is very old, perhaps millions of years.
2. The fossil record demonstrates that there was a previous age populated by bizarre and now-extinct organisms.
3. The limited process of “micro-evolution”, which leads to new breeds and varieties, is well documented.
4. There is a struggle for survival and the earth's present ecology exhibits endless violence and suffering.
SOME QUESTIONS FOR EVOLUTIONISTS
1. Are you happy to embrace the belief that man is nothing more than a complex arrangement of inanimate atoms, effectively making him no more important than a cabbage or a worm?
2. How can the young of migratory birds be born knowing how to navigate by the sun?
3. How could the incredibly complex yet complementary human penis and vagina have evolved separately in man and woman? Ditto for all mammals?
4. How do the cells in any growing organ, such as the human heart, “know” how to work together to create complex morphologies, such as pumping chambers, veins and arteries, valves and the coordinated electrical impulses that regulate their working?
5. Why, do you think, did Charles Darwin spend so much of this life suffering from severe psychsomatic afflictions -- and why did he delay so long in publishing his work? Answer: In his heart, he knew it was infantile nonsense from the start.